Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a Leave Program Coordinator (Full-time) in El Paso, TX to coordinate the support for all leave of absence cases and claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws.
Salary: $18-$20 depending on experience and qualifications.
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional weekends
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes
- Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Manages STD/LTD programs and vendor relationships. Ensures that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Coordinates with provider on all related cases/claims. Meets regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field preferred.
- two years of experience in Human Resources
- two years of experience in managing leave cases (FMLA, LOA)