Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a Facility Maintenance Technician. The Facility Maintenance Technician helps keep buildings, shop & grounds in a clean and orderly condition.
Key measures of success include:
- Perform tasks/projects in a timely manner
- Quality of completed projects are met within department guidelines
- Completes projects within approved budget; while implementing cost saving measures
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm at $11.00/hour
- Maintains building, performing routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities
- Assist various department management with any special maintenance projects or issues that need to be attended
- Notifies appropriate personnel concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment
- Cleans debris from sidewalk, Mows lawn, trims shrubbery, and cultivates flowers
- Assist various facilities throughout drop yards as needed (light-travel)
- Inventorying supplies and materials; other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- General construction, plumbing, electrical experience and mechanical repair