MGB International (MGB), was founded in 2019 and provides its customers with cross-border logistics solutions between Mexico, USA, and Canada. MGB is looking to add a logistics leader to launch the US brokerage division and provide our customers with capacity solutions. MGB is a subsidiary of Mesilla Valley Transportation.
The Director of Logistics will be responsible for working with other departmental and company leadership to identify, implement, and execute the strategies necessary to achieve the company’s goals for the division. This will include, but not be limited to, the divisional direction in terms of short and long-term vision, structure, technology, service offerings, culture, and position in marketplace.
The Director of Logistics will play a key role in building the team, ensuring brokerage goals are met, developing the policies, procedures, and KPIs for the division.
COMPENSATION: based on work experience and based on performance. Salary + Performance Bonus + Benefits. Location to be determined. Ideal candidate will be based in Dallas/Fort Worth, Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, Indianapolis, El Paso, San Antonio, or other location.
- Assist Company Leadership in strategic planning for growth of Logistics Services Division.
- Recruit, develop, retain, and lead the 3PL team.
- Lead new customer implementation projects for 3PL and technology customers.
- Drive mode and service offering strategies, along with execution.
- Participate in meetings with current and prospective customers to help win and retain business.
- Establish operational goals and KPI’s in support of Company’s strategic plan, communicate goals throughout area of responsibility, track performance against established goals, and mentor staff to acceptable levels of achievement.
- Evaluate, enhance, and scale all operational processes to facilitate efficiencies, increasing volumes, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all direct reports have clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Promote a positive work environment based on team dynamics, mutual respect, customer excellence, and adherence to the organization’s stated principles and values.
- Perform routine audits to ensure standard operating procedure (SOP) compliance.
- Represent MGB International according to all company policies and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree and a minimum of eight years of experience at a 3PL, including management experience.
- Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
- Experience in managing a fast-paced freight brokerage environment with diverse teams.
- Possess strong carrier relationships to move freight.
- Full accounting, documentation, and logistics process knowledge
- Ability to develop action plans to correct or improve profitability.
- Strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues
- Ability to review and assist with implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Excellent technical skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and supply chain information systems (Mcleod is also a plus).
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Candidate must be a leader.