Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service. In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a full-time Insurance Claims Adjuster. The Insurance Claims Adjuster is responsible to process, audit and manage claims as assigned and follows the processes and procedures required by the Risk Management Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Company regulations.
Key Measures of successes include:
- Effectively and efficiently monitor and notate his/her claims as assigned in a timely manner.
- Successfully administer audits of his or her files to assure accuracy, maintains a diary of his/ her claim progress, and maintains close communication with the department, Insurance Adjusters and/or Third-Party Administrators to which he or she may be coordinating the processing of the claim.
- Ensure all claims are properly and accurately processed from beginning to closing.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Working knowledge of insurance claim processing and adjusting.
- Ensure all notes are up to date with the most recent information.
- Assist in the production of statistical data reports which includes maintaining and updating various spreadsheets.
- Performs claims audits.
- Organizes with the department personnel and other associates job-related duties.
- Completes required training as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree; or at least 1-year related experience and /or training in the Auto Insurance Claim Adjusting Industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- The candidate must have a current insurance adjusting license.
- Be familiar with all state, federal, and local laws and regulations governing Insurance and transportation industry
- Strong written and communication skills; analytical, positive attitude, and highly motivated.
- Competent user of MS Office.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Preferred).
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.