Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
The Safety Window Clerk assists with preparing and reviewing routine documents, HOS, Driver’s credentials and permit books for departure.
Key Measures of Success include:
- Follows instructions, responds to management directions.
- Identifies and resolves problems/tasks in a timely manner.
- Be recognized by team, peers, and management as a key supporter.
Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday, 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Preparation of basic documents, memoranda, forms, certificates and gate passes.
- Schedule informational material as required meeting assigned duties.
- Greet and assist Drivers, staff and Management in person and over the telephone in a professional manner. Exercise of proper telephone etiquette.
- Respond to inquiries, take messages, and forward inquiries to the appropriate party.
- Able to operate of multi-line telephone system.
- Assist in drug and alcohol program, of collecting specimens and breath and alcohol analysis.
- Assists with Driver Identification program, and its required functions to complete duties.
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of department operational procedures.
- Review and enter data, maintain records and files, databases and record keeping sources i.e. accident/incident reports, registrations and all supporting documentation.
- Review and verification of emails, routine documentation review and data entry, establishment and maintenance of filing system and reports.
- Perform a variety of related office clerical duties and support functions of other areas in the safety department, and supervisors.
- Update and maintain Safety window, other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Degree (GED) and 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training: equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- Application of good knowledge of office practices and procedures, including, English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge and use of computers and word processing software.
- Good oral and written communication skills, able to follow instructions.
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week, which may include evenings, and/or weekends.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible