Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service. In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley is now hiring Safety Lane Inspectors! The Safety Lane Inspector must have patience, an understanding of mechanics, and an eye for detail. Key measures of success include:
- Following instructions and responding to management direction.
- Identifies and resolves problems/tasks in a timely manner.
- Be recognized by team, peers, and management as a key supporter.
- Perform general inspections.
- Checking the tire pressure.
- Look for any additional repairs that need to be performed and inspect trucks for any physical damage.
- Complete any needed minor repairs.
- Maintain clean & orderly bay area’s/pits, other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
Rotating Schedules: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (1st Shift)
6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. (2nd Shift)
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.