Come be a part of the MVT family today !!!!
Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transporation is now hiring a Fleet Manager.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for supervising drivers engaged in operating trucks and trailers.
Key measures of success include:
- High utilization of drivers, tractors, trailers, and other company resources.
- Maintain a high percentage of target miles for the fleet.
- Maintain a low turnover of drivers supervised.
- Strong call handling performance as measured by the Call Availability Report (CAR).
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter.
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner with high integrity.
- Direct drivers and company resources in a manner that maximizes utilization of both.
- Organizes and assigns productive drivers to the most efficient routes to ensure deadlines are met.
- Continuously monitors and directs the arrival and departure of loads and drivers.
- Assigns drivers to units and maintains truck/trailer performance by increasing truck miles to improve profitability.
- Maintains the lowest possible driver turnover rate each month.
- Utilizes satellite communication to correct truck alarms.
- Monitors satellite communication to determine hours of driver service and to resolve driver log issues.
- Analyzes and monitors the work quality, safety quality, attendance/punctuality, and behavior of drivers; disciplines when necessary.
- Controls expenses such as layover/motel reimbursement and unloading/advances.
- Improves fuel efficiency by limiting idle time and enforcing drivers to utilize the MVT partner truck stops when fueling trucks/trailers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AS-400 Experience (Preferred).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Supervisory experience of 15+ employees.
- Proficient communicator in both English and Spanish language.
- Strong knowledge of motor carrier operations and geography.
- Intermediate mathematical and analytical skills.
- Competent user of MS Office.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”