Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet and throughout the years has become one of the largest locally owned trucking companies in the Southwest.
MVT is now hiring for Extended Coverage Team (ECT) Dispatcher in El Paso, TX.
An ECT Dispatcher is responsible for supporting drivers during after hours, identifying issues, and using critical thinking skills to find solutions. They will work together with Operations teams to ensure on-time service is met per customers’ expectations.
We are looking for individuals who are available to work a flexible night shift workweek, including some weekend coverage.
Schedule: 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m., 4 on - 4 off (days vary)
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner and with high integrity both internally and externally.
- Manages drivers during extended coverage shifts.
- Accurately enters data into company computer systems.
- Escalates and/ or resolves problems per guidelines.
- Works with team members to solve problems.
- Provides clear work instructions to drivers.
- Demonstrates high resource utilization.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient communicator in both English and Spanish language.
- Basic knowledge of motor carrier operations and geography.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.