Our continuing goal is to provide affordable biodiesel to businesses and farmers in the Southwest. We started producing biodiesel in 2006 for sale locally to help businesses and farms in the area. We sell biodiesel blends in the El Paso, Texas area, throughout New Mexico, Arizona, and we ship bulk biodiesel throughout the western United States.
Rio Valley Biofuel Transport is in need of a Laboratory Compliance Manager! Come join our team!!!
The Laboratory Compliance Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the laboratory compliance functions. Develop and implement material testing procedures, while providing insight on newer technologies that can be validated in the laboratory and have a realistic potential for implementation in production. All while keeping management apprised of methods for cost reduction opportunities in the process and technology areas.
Key Performance Measures:
- Ability to manage the laboratory function within budget.
- Ability to provide on-time testing, analysis, reporting, and recordkeeping to support production needs.
- Ability to keep laboratory organized, clean, and clutter-free.
- Other measurements may be set and agreed on by the COO and Compliance Manager.
- Ability to provide R&D support to the business.
- Peers view of the ability to work as a team member.
- Responsible for quality control of all products by reviewing day-to-day in process test data for accuracy and assurance that they are maintained within established parameters.
- Inspects and validates all Certificates of Analysis for all products
- Monitor and assess data and efficiency of lab operations on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to Asst. Plant Manager and Shift Lead to ensure all data is accurate and in compliance with production requirements.
- Ensures Laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated to support accurate results for daily production. Provides OEM schedules required to maintain all lab equipment.
- Responsible for auditing, revising, and creating all required lab SOPs to ensure compliance with ASTM, BQ9000, OSHA, and any other regulatory agencies.
- Ensures all recordkeeping for lab compliance is accurate and maintained according to established procedures at all times to meet quality and compliance to regulatory agencies.
- Creates and implements the required training and testing materials and schedules for each piece of laboratory equipment.
- Devises, implements, and tracks new hire and refresher training and testing programs on an ongoing basis for all laboratory techs.
- Ensures all lab technicians are trained and tested on lab SOPs and all job function requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and operational support to lab technicians and operators as required, specifically with respect to testing and analysis.
- Provides feedback to the management team to ensure efficient daily lab operations.
- Cooperates and collaborates with persons included in the Relationships section in determining daily testing and analyses support.
- Establishes all necessary testing process documents applicable to ensuring production products meet specifications.
- Tracks, update quality policy, and informs lab techs and operators of changes to the ASTM standards.
- Ensures that the lab is maintained organized and kept clean at all times.
- Creates purchase requests and is responsible for gaining approval from the COO for the purchase of chemicals and equipment necessary for supporting daily laboratory functions.
- Ensures all necessary chemicals for laboratory functions are in stock and available at all times.
- Research to provide management with information necessary to support the purchase of all chemicals and equipment pertaining to the lab.
- Oversees subordinate staff and development activities, including providing and or recommending appropriate training as needed.
- Supports research and development of biodiesel process and production.
- Ensures compliance to company policies within the lab environment by communicating deficiencies to proper management personnel.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by the COO.
- Must possess a technical degree and proven experience to support the requirements of biodiesel development and production.
- Capable of conducting all testing and qualification of test and production material.
- Able to pass audits and tests to show competency in quality control.
- Knowledge of all applicable industry and quality standards and specifications pertaining to the Biodiesel industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of on-the-job experience in a testing and development functional role.
- Computer skills and minimum basic knowledge of using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Background in use of statistics and ease of using statistics in data analysis and inference of conclusions.
- Skills to run a testing and development laboratory with a proven record of achieving and or exceeding functional metrics goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and implement assessment protocols and processes to ensure compliance for the success of the lab.
- Ability to prepare and communicate analytical and compliance information to management on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and multi-tasking in product development and testing and training.
- Ability to deal with people and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions based on quantitative reasoning.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Ability to use all laboratory equipment.
- Ability to use calculators and perform computations and analyses of data.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.