Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
Come join our team!!! Border Tire is now hiring Tire Specialists!
The Tire Specialists are responsible for truck and trailer tires to ensure efficient operation and compliance by performing the following duties.
** Compensation incentives based on performance.**
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends Required: Rotating Shifts
- Inspects truck/trailer tires for excessive wear, bulges, cuts, and damaged tread.
- Repair tires with minor malfunctions.
- Properly secure vehicle to lift to ensure safe operation.
- Unbolt wheels from vehicles and remove them, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
- Properly dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on the vehicle.
- Repair or replace tires on light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks.
- Responsible for proper installation of wheels and tires, balancing wheels, and checking for correct fit.
- Maintains all inventories and tire equipment.
- Reassemble tires onto wheels.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
- Disposes of damaged/old tires in accordance with state regulations.
- Ensures tires are functioning properly and within the Department of Transportation and Occupational Safety and Health Act Compliance.
- Safely operates all tools and equipment.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean MVR record.
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to take initiative.
- Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
- 2+ years related experience (preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Stand for long periods of time which may include heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- The candidate will need to be able to lift 75lbs +, carry 50lbs+, and push/pull 60lbs.
- Steel-toed footwear and safety glasses are required in the shop.
- Ability to mount or dismount tires/wheel assemblies.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, and legs.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year."