Diesel Mechanic repairs and maintains diesel and gasoline engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications.
Be a part of The IDEALEASE Family !!!!
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses the cause of any malfunction and performs repairs.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Physically examines assigned vehicles to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicate with the Service Manager immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that all vehicles are kept clean. Notify the Service Manager immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps the shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all company-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Freightliner Truck Certification
- Detroit Diesel Engine Certification
- Caterpillar Engine Certification
- Certified Texas State Inspector – Commercial Vehicle Endorsement
- College or Technical school training.
- Two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
“You can count on Idealease. We are your partner for all your transportation and shipping needs. We're not satisfied unless you're satisfied!”