Come be a part of the MVT family today !!!!
Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transporation is now hiring an Orientation Instructor/Clerk. The Orientation Instructor/Clerk is responsible for performing administrative tasks to support daily business operations.
Key measures of success include:
- Support in the development of training that addresses business challenges.
- Completing development and training tasks on time and on budget.
- Trained employees have needed knowledge, skills, and abilities to execute processes for which they are trained.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs within an organization.
- Passes guidance to operations employees, new drivers & re-hired drivers.
- Presents MVT's policies & procedures.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Goes over federal DOT rules.
- Updates orientation PowerPoint presentation and driver handbook as needed.
- Communicate monthly with other departments on policy & procedure changes.
- Conducts orientation sessions covering specified areas such as new employee orientation, on-the-job training, use of Platform Science safety practices, refresher training.
- Tests trainee to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Revises design of training curriculum and methods to improvement effectiveness.
- Keeps record of all testing for drivers and re-hires. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to Training Manager & Safety Manager any job refusal or negative conduct among orientation attendees.
- Supports the development of teaching outlines, instructional methods and training aids such as manuals, models, multimedia content and computer tutorials, as well as evaluation procedures to support processes solving business challenges.
- Conducts employee training sessions including post-training evaluation and documentation.
- Data entry and maintenance of electronic files associated to the department.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Word, AS400 & Peoplenet.
- Basic motor carrier knowledge.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”