Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service. In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made our fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Come join our team!!! MVT is now hiring a Benefits Coordinator in El Paso, TX!
The Benefits Coordinator coordinates and manages the employee compensation and benefits program.
Key measures of success include:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate in a professional manner with employees and insurance providers.
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter.
- Ensuring benefit plans are administered correctly and efficiently.
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures.
- Administrate COBRA, LOAs, FMLA usage, and other issues as required by our in-house regulations and legal requirements.
- Assist employees with enrolling in medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Inform employees of changes to the benefits structure.
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators.
- Consult with employees about eligibility and other issues.
- Review payroll deductions.
- Audit our Vendor Health Invoices and account for missed deductions or any discrepancies.
- Experience with Excel and Word programs.
- Provide ongoing support for benefits and HR teams.
- Process enrollments quickly and accurately.
- Cooperate with other HR professionals when required.
- Researches and compares incentive compensation plans offered by demographically comparable organizations; assess competitors’ plans and makes recommendations for enhancements or improvements required to keep the organization’s plans competitive and effective.
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
- Conducts employee surveys, census, and other research and demographic efforts required to collect accurate quotes from benefit providers.
- Identifies and selects carriers and plans based on quotes, available benefits, and prior experience.
- Monitors administrators’ and insurance carriers’ reports to ensure the organization’s compliance with plan requirements.
- Ensures the organizations and plans’ compliance with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA.
- Maintains knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation scales and structures.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits administration.
- Submit and respond to benefit claims in a timely manner.
- Process Medical Support Orders in a timely manner.
- Administer post-termination benefit paperwork to include COBRA Administration.
- ACA compliance testing.
- Maintain business relationships with benefits providers.
- Administer Annual Benefits Open Enrollment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training.
- 1-3 years’ benefits administration experience with thorough knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, AND ERISA requirements.
- Proficient communicator in both English and Spanish language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Must be proficient in Excel.
- Outgoing personality. Will be speaking with drivers and staff for all locations across the United States, as well as, speaking with multiple vendors.
- Experience with Self-funded plans (Preferred).
- Experience with large employer benefits (1,000 or more employees) (Preferred).
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”