Immediate opening for an entry to mid-level Accountant with Mesilla Valley Transportation in the Las Cruces, NM area!! Current graduates encourage to apply!!
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties. Key measures of success include:
Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collect and research data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Demonstrates attention to detail, Identifying and solving problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information and developing alternative solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and prepares entries to general ledger -accounts
- Executes general ledger closings
- Performs Revenue and Expense analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and MVT procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and report
- Implements general accounting system, other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and at least two years related experience and/or training
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Possess AS400 knowledge, Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Remain in a seated position for an extended period of time, using hands and fingers to type, pick up papers, place phone calls. Occasional lifting (maximum 15lbs), bending, reaching and/or kneeling. Expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public. To convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
Great place to work family type atmosphere..and trucks are taken care of greatly
… I can honestly say it is a great company to work for. they offer great benefits, great pay, good staff to work with, excellent training, this company offer good mileage for our on the road drivers and every quarter Mr royal Jones gives a car away for the best mpg, I highly recommend for any driver, staff member to work for Mesilla valley transportation, it is a wonderful workplace for good opportunity and a rewarding career