J.H. Rose Logistics is NOW HIRING an Accounts Payable Clerk!!
J.H. Rose Logistics began operations in 1936 hauling oil field equipment throughout Texas and Oklahoma. Throughout the years, JH Rose evolved into a third-party logistics (3PL) company providing transportation, warehousing, and distribution services. We have grown to handle over 47,000 shipments every year. Our employees and independent agents work with over 19,000 contracted carriers in order to service over 6,000 shippers.
Our experienced staff, financial strength and leading-edge technology have us poised to expand our role within our industry and respond to our customer’s ever-changing needs. If you are hard-worker candidate looking for a company where you can build a career, J.H. Rose is the right place for you!
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Accounts Payable
Summary: Candidate will manage New Carrier setups and Carrier payroll. Ideal Candidate must be detailed oriented, and able to multitask under a fast-pace environment by performing the following duties:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Qualify and setup new carriers.
- Send all new carriers insurance to registry monitoring.
- Run registry monitoring reports monthly.
- Scan in all documents for carrier settlements.
- Verifies documents, amounts, signatures, and drops for processing orders.
- Enter in reimbursements or deductions for order processing.
- Process all orders for payroll.
- Issues comdata express codes for quick pay carriers.
- Call quick pay carriers with express codes.
- Issues quick pay checks to carriers.
- Researches carrier pay history.
- Research documents for collections.
- Work closely with billing to ensure reimbursement on loads.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Competent user of MS Office, McLeod Software, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Transportation experience (a plus)
- Payroll and Accounts Payable experience (a plus)
The essential functions of this position require remaining in a seated position for extended periods of time, using hands and fingers to type and use telecommunication devices, visual acuity to process and interpret computer display of information, strong verbal acumen, including the ability to express and/or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public. Occasional lifting (maximum 15 lbs.), bending, reaching and/or kneeling.