Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a full time Claims Adjuster. The Claims Adjuster is responsible for administering and auditing claims and procedures as set forth by the Risk Management Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Company regulations.
Key measures of success include:
- Effectively and efficiently supervise team members assigned to process claims
- Successfully administer audits of Risk Management department claims processes and procedures
- Ensure all claims are properly processed
- Working knowledge of claim processing and adjusting.
- Oversee the production of statistical data reports which includes maintaining and updating various spreadsheets.
- Performs claims audits
- Provides continuous training of Claims Processing and others.
- Coordinates with department personnel other job-related duties such as filing, renewals, updating equipment inventory, permits, and others.
- Completes required training as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: $18/hour (Non-Exempt)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Minimum College Degree; or at least four years related experience and /or training in the Insurance Auto/Heavy equipment/Cargo Claim Adjusting Industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with managing personnel
- Be familiar with all state, federal, and local laws and regulations governing Insurance and transportation industry
- Familiar with Transportation Industry Federal and state regulations
- Strong written and communication skills; analytical, positive attitude, and highly motivated
- Competent user of MS Office
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred