Job Title: Data Engineer
Department: Business Intelligence
Reports To: Business Intelligence Director
FLSA Status: Exempt Summary
Mesilla Valley Transportation | IT Department has an immediate opening for a Data Engineer. Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned transportation providers in Western Texas and New Mexico, specializing in time sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S. and Canada, and Mexico borders.
The Data Engineer will work collaboratively with our data architect, analytics team, application developers, and business product owners to design, implement and maintain data warehousing and data management solutions to support business reporting, analytical requirements and data integrations between enterprise systems. They will also contribute to building next-generation data platforms on Azure cloud resources.
· Work with data services team and stakeholders to capture requirements for data solutions
· Design and build robust ETL solutions
· Verify data and business logic transformations
· Understand and implement best practices in managing enterprise data including master data, data quality, lineage and security
· Document objects, resources, processes in the data catalog
Technical Skill Requirements
· Strong SQL knowledge
· Experience using Microsoft SSIS or similar ETL tool to move, load, and transform data.
· Understanding of database architecture
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is an EOE