Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
The Recruiting Receptionist plans, coordinates, and manages travel arrangements, schedules appointments, assists callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success;
- Follows instructions, responds to management directions
- Be recognized by team, peers, and management as a key supporter
- Works within approved budget; while implementing cost saving measures
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Coordinate new hire orientation process for drivers and assure process and documentation is processed accurately
- Plans, coordinates, and manages travel arrangements for new hires
- Communicating with shuttle driver on in city travel for new hires
- Update pertinent information on internal and external databases in reference to new hires
- Continuously update and research job responsibilities of drivers in the industry
- Responsible for tracking and filing expense reports for Recruiting Department
- Constantly communicates new hire updates throughout departments of organization
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with occasional weekends
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read/write correspondence, memos, write routine reports
- Able to deal with problems involving several factors in variables in standardized situations
- Proficient in AS400, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and PC Miler
- Two (2) years Customer Service experience; Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills preferred