Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is hiring a Mule Driver for our El Paso yard. Must have CDL-A license.
Schedule: Friday-Monday, 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure trailers are parked in designated areas
- Perform valet duties and park vehicles in open spots
- Manipulate vehicles to take advantage of all spaces
- Clean inside trailers if needed, confirming there is no loading equipment left behind
- Assist trailer shop with trailers red tagged trailers, convey them to shop for needed repairs
- Responsible for fueling of the yard mule
- Couple and uncouple tractor-trailer units and connecting and disconnecting brake lines as needed
- Perform safety check inspection of the mule truck
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have Class A-CDL truck driver with yard mule experience for a yard spotter position
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience