Job Title: Orientation Clerk
Reports To: Processing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now looking for a Orientation Clerk!
· Assists Processing / Recruiting with drivers in orientation
· Provides accurate and detailed work
· Contribute to building a positive team spirit and build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
· Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter
· Be present in driver orientation as needed to assist processing with pending documentation, signatures and or information.
· Assist drivers in orientation with any questions, pending signatures, driver codes, Comdata card and new hire information.
· Notifies processor when new hire is ready to be activated
· Updates driver information thru electronic submissions to include TenStreet.com
· Responsible for data entry of new drivers into the AS400 including driver’s personal information, including work history.
· Assist Processing and Recruiting Department with Criminal background checks on a daily basis.
· Assist Recruiting Department with application. Adverse Action Process related to FCRA Labor Laws.
· Audits prospect & new hire information entered thru electronic submissions to include Tenstreet.com, AS400.
· Follow up with recent hire drivers to comply of updates needed in CDLs and or address changes.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
· High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience recruiting drivers in Transportation/Trucking industry (preferred)
· Competent user of MS Office
Remain in a seated position for an extended period of time, using hands and fingers to type, pick up papers, place phone calls. Occasional lifting (maximum 15lbs), bending, reaching and/or kneeling. Expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public. To convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately.