Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Job Title: Processor
Reports To: Recruiting Department Manager
Employee Status: Non-Exempt
Assists recruiting department in investigating potential driver’s qualifications & employment history by performing the following duties. Key measures of success include:
- Provides accurate and detailed work
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter
Weekday: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with Occasional Saturdays
- Conducts work history investigations of drivers by Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines
- Conducts investigations per company’s criteria thru phone interviews, email, fax, and correspondence
- Notifies Recruiting Manager immediately of any discrepancies that may disqualify a driver as per DOT regulations and/or company guidelines
- Updates driver information thru electronic submissions to include TenStreet.com
- Responsible for data entry of new drivers into the AS400 including driver’s personal information, include work history, pay rate
- Process new hires and complete new hire paperwork
- Notifies all corresponding departments within organization of new hires, rehires, switchovers, or reactivations
- Administers driver’s initial file thru electronic scanning, sorting, and labeling
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience recruiting drivers in Transportation/Trucking industry (preferred)
- Competent user of MS Office