Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet and throughout the years has become one of the largest locally owned trucking companies in the Southwest.
MVT is now hiring for Local P&D Planner/Dispatcher Laredo, TX
The Local P&D Planner/Dispatcher is responsible to keep the local drivers busy by planning them on everyday dispatches. While also keeping trailer pools in the area maintained and attaining high on time pick-ups and deliveries.
We are looking for individuals who are available to work a flexible work week to stay after until the work is done.
- Ensure company resources are most profitably utilized and assigned to customer orders in a way that keep company commitments to customers and drivers.
- Daily planning and utilization of local drivers/trucks.
- Manage freight boards for pick ups and deliveries.
- Accurately enters information into company computer systems.
- Maintains direct contact with members of the organization to coordinate and increase the efficiency driver, truck, and trailer assignments.
- Supervises Local Drivers.
- Manage trailers in the area to include getting trailers rotated, report broke down trailers to risk/shop, and recover idling/lost/repaired trailers.
- Conduct Yard checks.
- Communicate effectively with the customer service team on any delays, inaccurate computer data, and push for accessorial’ s.
- Identify trailer detention opportunities to equipment control.
- Assists the local P&D supervisor as directed, other duties may be assigned.
- At least two years of experience in a motor carrier operation
- Demonstrated ability to plan motor carrier resources to meet company, customers and driver needs.
- Moderate knowledge of North American supply chain network and operation
- Competent user of Innovative Computing TMS and MS Office
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Day shift 0600 – 1800, 4 days on – 4 Days off
Pay: Starting at $16.00 per hour.