Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley is seeking a candidate who has excellent interpersonal skills, is organized, and detail oriented.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary: $14-$16/hour DOE
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up emails at the end of the recruiting process.
- Performs full cycle recruitment efforts for all client companies.
- Develops sourcing plans to create applicant pools to attract the best and brightest talent.
- Updates job descriptions as needed with approval from Operational and Human Resources Management.
- Sources, reviews and screens applicants in external job posting sites/systems.
- Assists with facilitating the scheduling of interviews for potential candidates.
- First point of contact for all applicants and management team involved in the recruitment process.
- Coordinates and participates with Operations in recruiting events, which includes local colleges.
- Contacts potential applicants via email and career website messages.
- Builds strategic partnerships with management team to create and implement progressive recruitment plans and processes.
- Participates in developing and implementing hiring goals, objectives and processes.
- Track and report on all open positions across all client companies.
- Provide specific feedback for each opening to each client company.
- Follow-up after every job placement to actively solicit candidate feedback, and measure satisfaction.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- At least 1 to 3 years of Recruitment experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (preferred).
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to perform independently at a high level; self-directed, self-motivated.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with employees, management, applicants, and other departments.
- Bilingual a plus.