Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Knowledge is power! We are looking for an individual with a driving background and interest in building successful skill development structures and processes to help our Drivers and employees advance their skills, knowledge, and improve performance.
As a Development and training coach the job expectation is to improve our daily drivers with knowledge and coach their daily metrics.
Key measures of success include:
- Know our Camera coaching metrics and company policies.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Provide timely and courteous communication with PDA company and employees.
Schedule: 4 days on 4 days off- 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Working knowledge of how the Drive Cam Program and technology works
- An understanding of the organization's policies and expectations related to driving company vehicles.
- Keeping drivers score cards.
- Sending PDA emails and following up with correct escalations
- Familiar with the safe driving program used by the organization.
- Ability to coach in an open, strategic, and collaborative discussion with safety as the number one goal.
- Prioritize work by assigning tasks and monitor work progress.
- Prepare daily and periodic reports to monitor aspects of driver performances of driver’s operations and perform periodic or random inspections and parameter checks to ensure compliance with requirements set forth by the DOT & FMCSA.
- Review camera generated events and provide drivers with insight on situations and behaviors.
- Counsel Drivers on all violations found within all parts of FMCSA, Driver Performance, and CSA reviews
- Greet and assist Drivers, staff, and Management in person and over the telephone in a professional manner with proper telephone etiquette, respond to inquiries, take messages, and forward inquiries to the appropriate party using multi-line telephone system.
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of department operational procedures.
- Review and enter data, maintain records and files, databases and record keeping sources like registrations and supporting documentation. Verification of emails, routine documentation review and data entry, establishment and maintenance of filing system and reports
- Perform a variety of related office clerical duties and support functions of other areas in the operation department and supervisors.
- Assist department supervisor in escalated support functions.
- Talk about our fuel mileage and benefits.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Apps
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Excellent and precise data entry and typing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Class A-CDL Preferred
- Training, coaching, or safety experience preferred.
- 3 years related experience and/or training: in the Transportation Industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Have general knowledge of FMCSA, DOT
- Working Knowledge of E-Log Systems, Driver Cameras, Driver Performance preferred
- Application of good knowledge of office practices and procedures, including, English grammar, spelling and punctuation required.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and be able to relate to each person on an individual level.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week, which may include evenings, and/or weekends and holidays.