Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
Come join our Team!!! Border Tire is now hiring Retread Associates!
The Retread Associates will be responsible for manufacturing tires through our assembly line and producing a finished product that meets all company expectations, guidelines, and ensure customer satisfaction. This position functions in a manufacturing environment retread facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes.
*** $750.00 SIGN-ON BONUS***
- Train for all aspects of retread tire manufacturing including inspecting and buffing tire carcasses, applying rubber compounds, curing, and quality control.
- Inspects tires to be retreaded or repaired to determine condition, repairs needed, etc.
- Operates a buffing machine to remove treads from tires to be retreaded, following specifications for depth and width of removal.
- Measures diameter and cross-section to determine correct tread width.
- Applies rubber cement to tire casing and hangs up to dry.
- Selects proper size tread rubber and applies it to the tire.
- Places proper curing tube in the tire and inserts proper rim for curing.
- Places tire in chamber and programs correct curing temperature according to specification.
- Sets timer for curing time according to chart, and makes a record of each tire, showing the size and curing time.
- Removes finished retread from the curing chamber. Also removes the rim and curing bag from a finished retread.
- Inspects tires to determine defects in curing, i.e. soft cures, ply separation, repairs missed, etc.
- Trims and paints finished retread.
- Checks finished tire with a work order for proper identification and completion of work required.
- Operate independently and as a team member.
- Inspects and tests tires to ensure conformance to standards.
- Visually inspect tires to be retreaded to determine condition.
- Skive, buff, and fill any injury in the tire as required.
- Receive and unload supplies including tread rubber, cushion gum and repair materials, envelopes, curing rim, tire casings, rims, etc.
- Assists in distribution center activities as assigned.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on plant equipment following managers' and manufacturers' instructions.
- Follow processes to ensure retread tire completion.
- Continues to work on revenue-producing work as needed.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Maintain an organized and safe work area according to the dealership, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
- Stand for long periods of time which may include heavy lifting, standing, reaching, bending, and squatting.
- The candidate will need to be able to lift 80lbs +, carry 115lbs+, and push/pull 75lbs.
- Steel-toed footwear and safety glasses are required in the shop.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
*** We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. ***