Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service. In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
MVT is now hiring for External Coverage Team (ECT) Dispatcher in El Paso, TX.
An ECT Dispatcher is responsible for supporting drivers during after hours, identifying issues, and using critical thinking skills to find solutions. They will work together with Operations teams to ensure on-time service is met per customers’ expectations.
We are looking for individuals who are available to work a flexible workweek which would include some night and weekend coverage.
Schedule: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (4 days on and 4 days off)
Pay: Starting $12.00 per hour.
Job Type: Full Time
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner and with high integrity both internally and externally.
- Manages drivers during extended coverage shifts.
- Accurately enters data into company computer systems.
- Escalates and/ or resolves problems per guidelines.
- Works with team members to solve problems.
- Provides clear work instructions to drivers.
- Demonstrates high resource utilization.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Motor Carrier Operations.
- Apply knowledge of Motor Carrier Resources to meet company, customers, and driver needs.
- Moderate knowledge of North American Supply Chain Network and Operations.
- Competent user of MS Office.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.