YOUR LOCAL TIRE EXPERTS
Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for administering and auditing safety and compliance processes and procedures as set forth by the Safety Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Company regulations.
- Reviews CDLs, DOT physicals, MVRs, and DQ files on a random basis.
- Working knowledge of FMCSA Hours of Service (Par 395) regulations.
- Prepares statistical data and compiles records and reports for management, which includes maintaining and updating various spreadsheets.
- Performs audits of scanned Driver Qualifications (DQ)files.
- Continuous updating of driver profiles.
- Provides continuous training on HOS regulations to all drivers.
- Provides selected driver audits.
- Shift supervision of HOS audits (approval/denial) as required.
- Auditing e-logs (manual) for log/roadside inspections compliance.
- Monitor, assign and deactivate drivers assigned to use e-logs.
- Audit missing logs and unknown logs submitted to RAIR for auditing.
- Communicate with drivers about company policy regarding moving violations and HOS violations.
- Provide resource information to Operations, Shop, HR regarding FMCSA related issues to ensure continuous compliance with regulations.
- After-hours reviews of counseling drivers regarding HOS violations and CSA reviews.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have knowledge in Tire Industry Association (TIA)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean MVR record.
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to take initiative.
- Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
- 2+ years related experience (preferred).
- Associated degree; or at least two years related experience and/or training: an equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient communicator.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year."