Rio Valley Biofuels is in need of an Accounting Controller!
Come join our team!!!
NEW MEXICO’S FIRST – Rio Valley Biofuels, LLC was the first commercial producer of biodiesel in the Southwest. We distribute biodiesel as well as diesel fuels and gasoline in Texas, New Mexico, and the surrounding states. Our feedstocks include a large variety of lipid oil sources including used cooking oil, crude cottonseed, tallow, sunflower, canola, soy, and a number of others.
The Accounting Controller is responsible for all day-to-day accounting and financial operations of the company, financial reporting, and associated record-keeping functions; manages all financial operations; implements related policies; directs departmental employees; and may develop and implement some training initiatives and programs.
- Oversee accounting department to include AP, AR, and General Ledger for the company.
- Create Financial Reports including but not limited to, Income statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements for both companies.
- Post monthly entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews and implements standard processes in various operations of the business.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Ensures Payables are paid in a timely manner at the same time achieving the optimal cash flow.
- Ensures collections on aged Receivables occur.
- Ensures timely filing with various compliance departments.
- Oversees inventory best practices and gains/losses with an inventory.
- Works with various auditor groups such as IRS, third party, and other governmental authorities.
- Provide assistance with the subsidiary company as needed.
- Provide financial analyses as needed.
- Suggests process improvements to higher-level management.
- Identifying training and other employee performance and compliance enhancing needs and opportunities.
- Participating in interviewing and hiring decisions.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Attend required training as scheduled.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work scheduled hours as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance.
- Accounting designation CMA or CPA (preferred).
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial leadership role.
- 2 years experience with MS Dynamics Great Plains (preferred).
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
- 2 years’ manufacturing industry experience (preferred).
- Demonstrated analytical ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
"We pride ourselves on QUALITY."