The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is a highly motivated, self-starter who embraces sales prospecting, is highly effective at managing, measuring and advancing all stages of the sales cycle. The RSM will be intently focused on close rates.
JH Rose’s RSM will possess natural instincts to win and overcome objection while continuing to pursue additional prospects. The position demands a results-oriented individual who can focus directly on the company’s strength as a regional transportation provider. This person will be a key player and contribute to the overall success of the national sales team at JH Rose Logistics. This role calls for an aggressive, motivated, professional person to sell to middle-market and large shippers in within a defined territory.
The RSM should possess strong consultative, proven strategic selling abilities and be able to interact with all team members. The role of RSM will entail identifying, qualifying, and closing deals by prospecting and relationship building.
The RSM will effectively convert warms leads to prospects and prospects to customers. Setting appointments and presenting both over the phone and in person is a must. Cold calling skills are fundamental and essential. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision and be self-motivated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deep knowledge of JH Rose’s service offerings.
- Promote JH Rose’s Mission.
- Carryout JH Rose’s cultural values.
- Adopt and articulate JH Rose’s value-proposition.
- Develop and qualify leads, phone prospect, set appointments, prepare and present sales proposals both virtually and face-to-face in order to effectively close deals.
- Actively and aggressively prospects for new clients by generating new leads and/or research for potential sales sources.
- Turns potential leads into sales results.
- Transitions new business from sales to Client-relations in effective, efficient manner.
- Ensures smooth, seamless on-boarding of new clients or client processes.
- Effectively manage client relationships that ensure continued contract and/or relationship renewals.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure accurate, service expectations are established between all stakeholders.
- Update and thoroughly maintain customer leads each day in CRM.
- Adopt and stay current on latest selling techniques.
- Consistently achieves proven and sustained sales results.
- Meet or exceed for sales performance.
- Effectively communicate at levels, including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information in accordance to policy.
- Proactively evangelize and protect JH Rose Logistics brands in all content, media, venues and correspondence, specifically LinkedIn.
- Work along side the sales leadership to assist in the develop and production of digital content (social media, whitepapers, tradeshows and other events).
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate and influence multiple decision makers.
- Ability to generate sustainable sales growth momentum.
- Business competitive persona.
- Emotional Intelligence – handles stress and rejection strong emotion.
- Excellent negotiation skills to secure and close profitable deals.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Sound technical skills (i.e., PC, Microsoft Office Products).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred although equivalent and relevant job experience acceptable.