Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada.
MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service. In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made our fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Come join our team!!! MVT is now hiring a Risk Management Clerk - Las Cruces, NM
A Risk Management Clerk enters data into a computer or disk for subsequent entry by performing the following duties.
Key measures of success include:
- Provides accurate and detailed work.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter.
Schedule: Monday - Friday / 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The main person to for taking initial reporting on accidents.
- The main reporter for cargo shortages, damages, and overages.
- Keeps track of received data and source documents.
- Assign accidents to adjusters, order police reports, and order logs from safety on DOT accidents.
- Issue insurance certificates for JH Rose and MVT.
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on the screen, and enters necessary codes.
- Compares data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
- Makes necessary corrections to information entered.
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies the accuracy of data to be entered.
- Keeps record of work completed.
- Reviews error reports and enters corrections into the computer.
- Transmits entered information into the database.
- Files or routes source documents after entry.
- Responds to inquiries regarding entered data. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two related experiences and/or training.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Demonstrates attention to detail demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible.
“Where family, careers, and success come together!”