Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
The Risk Management Department is now hiring a Data Entry Clerk.
Key measures of success include:
- Provides accurate and detailed work
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter
- Main person to for taking initial reporting on Incidents
- Main reporter for cargo shortages, damages and overages
- Keeps track of received data and source documents
- Assign Incidents to adjusters, order police reports and order logs from safety on DOT accidents
- Issue insurance certificates as needed
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered
- Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes
- Compares data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format on screen to detect errors
- Makes necessary corrections to information entered
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered
- Keeps record of work completed
- Reviews error reports and enters corrections into computer
- Transmits entered information into database
- Files or routes source documents after entry
- Responds to inquiries regarding entered data. Other duties as assigned
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two related experience and/or training
- Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Demonstrates attention to detail demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
- Prioritizes and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer and AS400 software preferred