Mesilla Valley Transportation has an immediate opening for an equipment Control Coordinator. Apply today!
Job Title: Equipment Control Coordinator
Department: Equipment Control
Reports To: Equipment Control Manager
Employee Status: Non-Exempt
The Equipment Control Coordinator is responsible for maintaining efficiency in both tractor and trailer utilization. Primarily using company Global Position System (GPS) applications while ensuring cost effective methods and accuracy. Key measures of success include:
- High utilization in tracking and collecting detention
- Maintain high accuracy between trailer GPS and AS400
- Show and maintain continuous decrease percentage of Load Trailer Dwell
- Be recognized as the key supporter in GPS application and repair
- Identify and communicate trucks with high idle time to Equipment Control Manager
- Work with Regional Operations Managers to ensure there are trucks available and are being utilized in an efficient manner.
- Maintain fleet of all available units, noting, and rotating units as needed to reduce idle time.
- Monitor substitute/rental trucks assigned to MVT while company trucks are in the shop.
- Work closely with EQM to maintain efficient use of Company trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with departments to ensure company trailer issues are solved and recovered
- Accurately enters information into company computer systems
- Maintains direct contact with customers and Accounting to identify and track charges regarding Detention
- Track trailers and maintain all reports necessary to communicate to department to include other departments across company
- Weekly updates on trailers sitting and communicate to lower trailer dwell
- Reconcile substitute/rental units assigned to MVT
- Monitor trucks that are in Shop status, for service and idle time
- All other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required
- Moderate knowledge of North American supply chain network and operation required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented required
- Competent user of MS Office required
- 3 years of experience in a motor carrier operation preferred
- Knowledge of CTPAT preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or logistics or equivalent experience preferred
- Remain in a seated position for an extended period of time, using hands and fingers to type, pick up papers, place phone calls.
- Occasional lifting (maximum 15 lbs), bending, reaching and/or kneeling.
- Expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public.
- To convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is and EOE