Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a Local Pick-up and Delivery Dispatcher (Full-time) in El Paso, TX . The Local P&D Dispatcher is responsible for efficiently and effectively managing local drivers while also keeping trailer pools in the area maintained and attaining high on time pick-ups and deliveries.
Schedule: Night Shift - 6 pm-6 am, 4 days on - 4 days off
- Ensure company resources are most profitably utilized and assigned to customer orders in a way that keep company commitments to customers and drivers
- Daily planning and utilization of local drivers/trucks.
- Accurately enters information into company computer systems
- Maintains direct contact with members of the organization to coordinate and increase the efficiency driver, truck and trailer assignments
- Supervises Local Drivers.
- Manage trailers in the area to include getting trailers rotated, report broke down trailers to risk/shop, and recover idling/lost/repaired trailers.
- Communicate effectively with the customer service team on any delays, inaccurate computer data, and push for accessorials.
- Identify trailer detention opportunities to equipment control
- Assists the local P&D supervisor as directed, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or logistics or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in a motor carrier operation
- Demonstrated ability to plan motor carrier resources to meet company, customers and driver needs
- Moderate knowledge of North American supply chain network and operation
- Competent user of Innovative Computing TMS and MS Office
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills