Mesilla Valley Transportation began in 1982 as a small independent fleet in the Southwest. In the late ’80s, MVT went through a controlled growth spurt and began to encompass the 48 connected states and Canada. MVT began to recognize its value as a leader in quality service.
In 1991, MVT brought its knowledge of time-sensitive, reliable transportation to the U.S./Mexico border in service of the twin-plant industry. The acquisition of numerous 53 ft. Dry Van trailers made out fleet a sizable force in the industry.
Today, Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest locally-owned Truck Load carriers in the U.S. We specialize in time-sensitive service between major manufacturing areas in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico borders.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for administering and auditing Safety and Compliance processes and procedures as set forth by the Safety Department to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Company regulations.
Key measures of success include:
- Effectively and efficiently administer OSHA compliance
- Successfully administer audits of all Safety Department processes and procedures
- Ensure staff and drivers are properly processed and trained
- Train Safety department on Drug and Alcohol collection procedures
- Coordinate with OSHA coordinator to ensure compliance of City and State ordinances
- Monitor and maintain that corresponding departments have completed annual training in respects to Reasonable Suspicion, Hours of Service, and Drug and Alcohol as per Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree; or at least two years related experience and /or training in the Transportation Industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Be familiar with all state, federal, and local laws and regulations governing our industry
- Knowledge of 393 Subpart G
- AS400 experience is a plus
- Strong written and communication skills; analytical, positive attitude, and highly motivated
- Competent user of MS Office
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred