Mesilla Valley Transportation is now hiring a Planner/Logistics Coordinator!!
Exempt: Salary commensurate with experience. Salary package includes Pay-for-Performance incentives.
The Planner is responsible for matching customer orders with drivers, trucks, and trailers in the most efficient manner. Key measures of success include:
- High utilization of drivers, tractors, trailers and other company resources
- Keeping company commitments to customers through a high-level of on time performance
- Achieving a high level of Manhattan optimizer utilization
- Maintaining a high level of preplan acceptance
- Showing continuous improvement in order rate per mile
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure company resources are most profitably utilized and assigned to customer orders in a way that keep company commitments to customers and drivers
- Accurately enters information into company computer systems
- Maintains direct contact with members of the organization to coordinate and increase the efficiency driver, truck and trailer assignments
- Supervise local drivers
- Spot quote customer business in a way that maximizes company revenue and resource utilization
- Bachelor’s degree in business or logistics or equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience in a motor carrier operation
- Demonstrated ability to plan motor carrier resources to meet company, customers and driver needs
- Strong communication skills
- Moderate knowledge of North American supply chain network and operation
- Competent user of Innovative Computing TMS and MS Office
Remain in a seated position for an extended period of time, using hands and fingers to type, pick up papers, place phone calls. Occasional lifting (maximum 15lbs), bending, reaching and/or kneeling. Expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public. To convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
Mesilla Valley Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer