Mesilla Valley Transportation Corporate in Las Cruces, NM, is NOW HIRING A PAYROLL CLERK!! IMMEDIATE OPENING!! This position is a Sunday through Thursday opportunity, 8a-5p. Candidate must be bilingual, English/Spanish. Pay DOE. Amazing opportunity for entry level candidates. Students encouraged to apply! Build a career with an exciting and innovative culture. We look forward to hearing from you!
Title: Payroll Clerk
Job Type: Full-time
Summary: Manages Company Driver and Owner Operator payroll by performing the following duties and completing work in a timely manner while striving to increase productivity.
- Reviews driver settlements containing all of drivers' trips and pay rates.
- Verifies route lines, per diems, and rates of pay.
- Enters local driver hours, direct deposits, and pay in computer.
- Communicates with Fleet Supervisors and drivers to settle any discrepancies or misunderstandings.
- Stores driver settlement records for specified times.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Verifies confirmations of delivery; charges driver for service failure if there is no signature.
- Sends driver settlements to appropriate locations.
- Verifies that cash advances and reimbursements coincide with one another.
- Researches driver pay history.
- Verifies that driver checks, pay stubs and settlements were sent.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Competent user of MS Office and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Knowledge of AS400, Transflo Viewer, and Staffware (a Plus)
- Minimum six-months experience
MVT offers competitive compensation based on your experience, along with comprehensive Health and Welfare and 401k plans for full-time associates. We can’t wait to hear from you!